Topic: Arvor 230AS Windscreen Wiper Motor

Can anybody tell me the name of the manufacturer of the windscreen wiper motors.  I have contacted Essex Boat Yards and they tell me they have been on back order for months and are unavailable.   I have replaced one of them and I think I now know the wiring arrangement.  I believe the failure was due to carbon brushes which I have failed to source.

The specification for the motor as far as I can tell is:-

12 volt
2 speed with auto park
twin shaft approx 53mm centre to centre
Drive shaft  extends approx 74mm with tapered arm fixing
The staionary fixing shaft extends approx 50mm
The blade sweep is approx 60°
It is remotely switched from the dashboard

Re: Arvor 230AS Windscreen Wiper Motor

Hi, try seaching the internet for makes like vetus and AFI these are 10 times the quality of the orginal ones !
regards stu

One like this should do fine, just get the right length, long is 53m/m.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VETUS-ELECTRI … 35b01735fd

Roca is a good make too, or Vetus etc

The sweep is adjustable to about every 15 degrees between the stated range.

Last edited by Poppajoe (2011-09-30 20:13:47)

Did you ever get a wiper motor, if it was a perfect match for your old one what did you et as i need two for my 250, ours sound exactly the same.

regards

fred.

2007 250 when mine failed and started blowing fuses at about two and  a half year old i striped   them down and found the brushes ect  covered in grease cleaned with carbontec  and reassembled and they all worked ok but if anybody no a supplier of new ones i like to no as i have  found simler   motor with spindle bolt but wiring is different has srew terminals not plug fitting   mike b

The original moter is made by White Elephant in Yueqing, China, is 12v and 20W, reference ZD1230BAG-48.  On the label is 875389 PMMOT.  They also do the wiper arms.
I bought one through the local Arvor dealer in France and it was €180 (£150), but on the website of White elephant they seem to be very cheap!  I suspect you have to buy in bulk but if anyone does this I would have two sets of wipers and motors. 
I agree that Vetus are better but they are wired differently and do not fit the cover and stick out a bit more in the cabin. 
The originals get salt water on the shaft which then rusts and sticks.  Since changing mine I run them every time I take the boat out for a few turns and have had no problem - yet.
Nick

NICK     VERY INTERESTING MINE HAD NO NUMBER OR MAKE ON THEM MIKE B

Nor did mine!  The details were on the label on the box it came in.  The motor was plain white.  On the wiper arms you can see an elephant logo with WE underneath punched into the stainless.  Nick

Mine was exactly the same White no name or number outside or inside just marked 60 deg sweep, carbon brush holders had got hot and melted?
Has any body fitted a vetus motor that was a direct replacement not worried about electrical connection being different or it sticking out a bit more in the cabin as long as it fits original holes and has two speed and park, if so what was the model number please.

Had a look at white elephant web site put those number in no joy will check number and try again as i was tired  the pic of the motor not the same MIKE B

Guys , I have a shipment coming from W.E next week mainly for 210/215/215as and some 230 models , I am going to be doing this on going so I can do another shipment and include 250 models etc , the cost of the motors is good but the shipping and uk customs push it right up hence I have to buy bulk , and I have included blades and arms too ! Once I have had this shipment arrive I will contact you all to see if I can help , in some cases I may need your help to identify your motor (pictures , numbers etc) my contact details are info@arvormarineparts.co.uk should you want to discuss with me , I could save a lot of you a lot of stress in supplying motors !
Hope to help all of you I will also put a note on here when the first shipment is successful !

Thanks
Stuart

250as the motor and arms are definiteley W.E the blades have no markins 19" long i have a picture of the motor in situ not that this shows you a lot Stuart so keep me posted MIKE B

Stuart

this the only information i have on 250as wiper motor

12 volt 5 blade connector
2 speed with auto park
twin shaft approx 53mm centre to centre
Drive shaft diameter 13.8mm  extends approx 74mm with a DIN taper arm fixing
The staionary fixed 6mm diameter shaft extends approx 50mm with 20mm extention
The blade sweep is approx 60°
It is remotely switched from the dashboard

Regards Fred